Saturday, June 16, 2012

New American Baby Book 1954

Old books are one of my favorite collectibles. I love the color and the texture of the old covers with cloth and leather, the worn corners and spine, and the sepia color of the pages inside.
The illustrations and fonts are always interesting. This illustration is so sweet. I've bathed a lot of babies in my time and I have never bathed one so still they could lay on their belly like this. Isn't this the sweetest illustration!
The curls on the baby's head make me all smiley inside!

And there are plenty of photographic images inside this awesome Baby Book! If only I could find a child seat with an umbrella like this...
Children's clothing from the fifties is adorable! The little boys and girls in rompers and patent leather shoes... oh sooo cute!
How sweet is this! Mommy feeding baby from a glass bottle! Images like these capture the kind of day my own mother had feeding her babies. Most of my siblings were born in the fifties. I was born in 1958. My brother, Chuck, was born in 1954. I could imagine this my mom holding Chuck and hopefully smiling, with my sister Becky, age 1, and my brother Jimmy, age two... LOL... maybe she wasn't smiling! Maybe she was crying... LOL!

No comments: